Here is a quick index to all that we recommend. Click on the link for each to read more about the recommendation.
- Checking Account: Schwab Checking account with a decent interest rate on your balance and ATM debit card that allows you to access your cash at any ATM world wide. Open a linked Schwab One Brokerage account with $1000 and get a $100 bonus. While we recommend these accounts for college students (because that is when most people open checking accounts), our recommendation applies to everyone, adults in all walks of life and age groups.
- Savings Account: Discover Bank offers the best online savings account, paying 1.15% APR and offering great customer service.
- Starter Credit Card: Discover it Card from Discover Financial Services offer the best value for young adults with no credit history.
Other offers that we recommend:
- DropBox – Secure file sharing across computers (PC, Mac) and smartphones (Android, iOS). Update your file on one device, and access those changes automatically on another device. Start with a free account. Get a disk quota bonus for using our link to sign up.
- Evernote.com – Get organized with this great app to capture your notes, to do lists, recipes, travel notes. Available and synchronizes your notes across PCs/Macs and iOS/Android mobile phones. Get a free account, and get a free month trial of Evernote Premium.